5 Questions to Reflect
- How does your current path compare to where you thought you’d be 10-15 yrs. ago?
- What changed in your personal or professional vision to allow you to grow?
- Is your vision big enough or have you drawn a small box within the huge expanse of what could be?
- Are you living within your vision and taking steps to bring it to fruition?
- How does the understanding our need to lead from vision help you think about thriving in the 5%?
5 Tips to Thrive
- Put It on the table. All of it. Every possibility. No matter how far-fetched. Erase the box that you are subconsciously drawing around your possibilities and just let yourself dream.
- Spend time thinking through your personal vision statement. Why do you do what you do? What really inspires you? Are you living out your personal vision?
- Just like building a shared vision in an organization, consider involving those you trust when building your personal vision. What strengths do they see in you? What can you do that no one else can do?
- Think of three small things that could move you towards where you really want to go. Then think of three more things to add to that list. Now choose 1 and do it!
- Think about stretching your professional network to include people who will challenge your thinking. Surround yourself with some new voices and ideas.
5 Resources to Dig Deeper
- BOOK: Simon Sinek – Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t
- BOOK: Dave Weinberger – Too Big to Know: Rethinking Knowledge Now That the Facts Aren’t the Facts, Experts Are Everywhere, and the Smartest Person in the Room Is the Room
- TWEET: Jill Siler – The One Question That Changed My Life
- ARTICLE: Joelle Jay – Get Clear on What You Want with Personal Vision
- VIDEO: Seth Godin – See the End Before You Begin the Journey