5 Questions to Reflect
- What is one big step you’d like to take personally or professionally?
- What are the best and worst things that could happen in taking that step?
- Describe a time when you faced fear head on. How did your thoughts prior to taking your bold step differ than your thoughts after you did it?
- What is the “next best step” you could take to help move you on your path of where you want to be?
- On a scale of 1-10, 10 being it is definitely happening; where is your commitment level? What could move that number higher?
- How does the understanding that fear is a natural part of growing and leading help you think about thriving in the 5%?
5 Tips to Thrive
- Don’t wait for the fear to subside. Prepare yourself appropriately and just step out, even in the midst of fear.
- Take the power away from fear by opening up with someone about your worries. Chances are you will find encouragement and strength as you recognize you’re not alone in your feelings.
- Instead of letting something ruin your day, decide how weight it deserves and only give it that.
- The next time you are confronted with fear, reflect on past fears and how you grew stronger through the actions you took in the midst of them. Let that reinforce your belief and launch your action.
- Like Dale Carnegie shared, “go out and get busy.” Big things don’t happen in one fell swoop. Just find your next best step and take it.